1. It’ll get tough. Really fucking tough. You already knew that. But that’s life, get over it. Put away the books for an hour, drink some tea, cuddle your pets, stare at the ceiling, watch some Youtube videos, and then finish your homework.
2. There will be a lot of days where you wanna quit or can’t get out of bed. Don’t call in sick and don’t drop out. You can do this, you can survive this year like all the other years.
3. Enjoy learning new things. Knowledge is power, knowledge is sexy.
4. Don’t pay attention to others, you are here for you, nobody really pays attention to others anyway.
5. Be nice to teachers and help fellow students. Kindness will not only make life easier, you will also feel like you’re a better person, because you are.
6. ASK THINGS. Ask the most stupid question and ask the hardest. Just ask anything you want to know. Teacher thinks you’re dumb? Fuck them. Students laugh at you? Fuck them. YOU need to pass that class and YOU need that degree.
7. Cut some fruit the day before. You’ll have a delicious fruit salad at school, which is not only very yummy and saves you money from the cafeteria, but also good for your brain! Win-win!
8. Go to bed early. A good night’s rest is everything. It’ll make getting out of bed a lot easier.
9. Eat breakfast! Without it you’ll feel weak, hungry, grumpy and are not able to pay much attention. But having had a good breakfast you’ll feel energetic, able to really pay attention and you won’t be craving bad snacks late in the afternoon. No time for breakfast? Prepare some the night before, or make some to eat in class.
10. Take a deep fucking breath. It’s all going to be okay. Take a few steps back and look at your situation with a clear view. Realize how far you’ve come already. Be proud of yourself. Celebrate small victories, like putting on jeans at 7:30 AM, or made it to school when you really wanted to call in sick. You are doing okay.